Why would a tooth extraction be necessary?
A tooth extraction is not a treatment option that is typically recommended if there are other less invasive treatment options available. There are a variety of reasons why a tooth extraction could be recommended in your treatment plan, including:
- Too many teeth crowding each other in one area
- An infection that is too deep for a root canals to treat
- Tooth decay has damaged a tooth beyond repair
- Stubborn baby teeth are blocking adult teeth
- Orthodontic treatment plan requires a tooth extraction